Physiotherapy is a healthcare profession dedicated to working with people to identify and maximize their ability to move and function throughout their lifespan.
Specifically, physiotherapists improve clients’ quality of life by:
- Promoting optimal mobility, physical activity and overall health and wellness;
- Preventing disease, injury, and disability;
- Managing acute and chronic conditions, activity limitations, and participation restrictions;
- Improving and maintaining optimal functional independence and physical performance;
- Rehabilitating injury and the effects of disease or disability with therapeutic exercise programs and other interventions; and
- Educating and planning maintenance and support programs to prevent re-occurrence, re-injury or functional decline.
Physiotherapy is anchored in movement sciences and aims to enhance or restore function of multiple body systems. The profession is committed to health, lifestyle and quality of life. This holistic approach incorporates a broad range of physical and physiological therapeutic interventions and aids.
Physiotherapy Helps in Many Ways
Many people think physiotherapy is only used for musculoskeletal (neck and back conditions). But the profession actually provides both preventative and rehabilitation treatment for an array of mobility issues, injuries and/or diseases. The following list is only some of the many different areas in which physiotherapy can help:
- Back pain
- Cardiovascular Conditions (including post heart attack, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), and pneumonia)
- Cerebral palsy
- Chronic Pain
- Critical Care
- Developmental Delay & An Array of Paediatric Conditions
- Falls & Fractures
- High Blood Pressure
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Neck Pain
- Neurological Conditions (stroke, concussions, spinal injury, Parkinson’s disease),
- Occupational Health
- Oncology-Related Conditions (including lymphedema)
- Pregnancy-related Incontinence
- Vestibular Disorders (dizziness)
At Aayur Rehab Physiotherapy, we use hands-on techniques to assess and diagnose the underlying root causes of pain and injury. We will restore maximum performance, function and movement by improving the mobility of joints, muscle strength, balance and endurance.
Our Registered Physiotherapists are the experts in body function and will assess and treat the symptoms of a disability, injury or illness with clinical analysis and hands-on treatment. You will be educated about your body, what the root cause of the problem is and how we will get you better. You will regain control over your own physical health and maintain it through a personalized therapeutic exercise program. Our focus is to restore your mobility and gain strength so that your movements are once again pain-free and comfortable. You’ll also be shown how to best prevent any further injuries from occurring.
Aayur Rehab Physiotherapy uses state-of-the-art equipment in our modern facility to make you as comfortable as possible so that you can heal as fast of possible. As a part of your treatment plan we may also want to incorporate the following additional therapies as required for maximum results:
- Therapeutic modalities
- Manual Therapy
- Strength and Conditioning
- Orthopaedic Assessments
Physiotherapy is not only limited to helping a specific condition or injury: it can also provide a range of added benefits that you may not expect such as:
- Decreased pain
- More flexibility and strength
- Improvement in the cardiovascular and metabolic systems
- Weight Management
- Posture Correction
- Extra mobility in the joints
Advanced Physiotherapy Benefits
As a result of physiotherapy treatment you’ll be able to enjoy an improved overall lifestyle. Your physical well-being will improve, your ability to participate in the sports you love will be restored and you’ll have the freedom to once again take part in your day-to-day activities free of pain and discomfort.
Call us to find out more about your physiotherapy options or to schedule an appointment with the best Physiotherapy Clinic in Brampton. Type your paragraph here.